Sunday 18 November 2018

Skyrim Survivalist Entry 01



Previous entries torn out

kill it later today. I believe it's served its purpose and, as I have this Breton completely under my control, casting the spell constantly upon the Argonian has become bothersome. I might have the Breton do it. A test of its obedience while under the influence. Just have to figure out what to do with the body. The tail appears meaty enough and the head smooth enough at the top to work as a foot rest. The rest of the body will just have to be tossed to the wolves. Another test comes to mind for the Breton. With the Argonian corpse as lure, I can see how long it will allow the wolves to attack until commanded to defend itself. Today will prove to be quite fascinating indeed.



His blood, it's still covering my hands. Still embedded deep inside my nostrils. I suppose even those rapids couldn't completely wash it all away. Thought I was dead when that arrow hit me in the leg. Wolves were chasing me. Missed shot from a hunter? Couldn't even tell. I turned to look but tripped into the river and flowed downstream until I knocked my head against a rock under a bridge. Patrolling guard saw me, pulled me out and warned me about chasing after the trouts. Some of them snap back, he said.

Didn't accept his help further, didn't know what was wrong with me. Just knew I had to keep going. Breton. I keep seeing her in my mind. Hard to get her out. Stables. A good place to rest but someone beat me to it. Writing this all now from the comfort of a soft bed courtesy of the most peculiar woman I think I've ever met. Head's clearing, can write a little better now. She called me something on the way. Dragon-something. Must be on account of my appearance. She might not have seen many Argonians before. She wasn't shy from the blood. In fact, she helped scrub it away. Sofia is her name. But the way she's been acting...it's as though she's a fan of some sort. Like I'm her hero. She blushes, flusters her words, stares at me for uncomfortable amounts of time. Don't know what she wants or really how to ask it without her gushing. So I'm afraid to ask. She's traveling with me so I'll find out eventually. First thing I had to do was dress her. She didn't seem broken up about me seeing her like that. She kept shifting, trying to give me different angles.

She seemed upset when I abruptly left her seeing a Breton that appeared much like the one in my memories. When I called out to her she stopped and waited. I came around and sure enough, it was her. She didn't seem as lively as Sofia and when I realized there wasn't anything I could say without sounding crazy, I apologized and left. But she followed. She's been following ever since. I ask her why but she says because she must. That starts Sofia off on a long tangent about what she's doing but the Breton, Danya she tells me her name is, doesn't seem to respond. It's as if in her realm Sofia doesn't exist. I'd really like to visit that realm at least.

Sofia helped get us kitted out. I don't know why, she said for events to come. She bought us backpacks and lanterns as well as some camping equipment. Apparently we're going on some adventure. I suppose if it'll help answer some of these questions we can. Not to mention we kind of have to. A woman approached us while we're here staying at the Bannered Mare. She wanted to know if we needed anything to eat and all I found on my person was a single gold. Danya holds none and Sofia appears to have spent everything. She assures me though that she's heard of something we can do. She was tasked by a merchant in Riverwood to retrieve something called a Golden Claw in this barrow. She assures it'll be simple enough for someone of my caliber as it's just bandits and maybe some spiders and then she sighed. Longingly. I told her I'd go. But after...we'll see.




Still uncertain of the date. Sofia's no help and Danya just stares back at me. Why both the Jarl and Innkeeper entrusted us with their own individual requests I'll never know.

Camping out in a tower at the cliffs edge. Who builds a tower at the edge of a cliff? Who builds a tower at the edge of a cliff along snowy mountains? Who builds an entire temple at the top of a cold, snowy mountain? Idiots, that's who. They're probably laughing their tails off. “Let's send an Argonian up there”. Golden claw...dragon stone. Going to use the one on the other to carve “This quest sucks” letting them both know how I feel. This had better be the only time I get sent up some mountains here. Come to think of it, haven't seen any of my brethren around. I think I know why.


Danya's just got the fire going and Sofia wonders why the pit appeared so fresh. Bandits? But we didn't see any. No matter. Fresh means a quick, warm fire. Danya still hasn't said anything and Sofia is rummaging around the packs questioning about mead. Not so hard now to wonder how she wound up close to naked in those stables. Danya's coming in closer. Probably wants my warmth but she's not going to get much. Still, wouldn't hurt to try.


Everything's dead here. Why is everything already dead here? Are these glass tipped arrows? Who uses glass tipped arrows? Traps are still active. Thanks whoever came in killing everyone for leaving us to die as well.


Golden claw...already returned. Dragonstone...already found. They had to have been right ahead of us and we didn't even know. Will have to look elsewhere for gold now. Most frustrating thing was Sofia pointing out the one set of tracks that went ahead of us and the one set that went back. Kept going on and on about it. Shopkeeps might have found the linen worthless, but I found it brought a lot of bliss for the walks home by making things quiet. Danya still won't talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment