Tuesday 4 September 2018

Skyrim Survivialist Journal - What is it?

Wait, what? You're starting over, Slack?

Yeah, I'm starting over.



Such an obscure reference, I know.

So what's going on here? Basically, I've recently bit the bullet and got myself survival mode for Skyrim. For those that don't know what that entails, it pretty much means there's a food, weather, and fatigue system. You gotta pay to have diseases removed, no fast travel, and can only level up when sleeping. You dream of stars. There's most likely more to it but I haven't looked that far. It's tough, alright? And on Master difficulty it's gonna be even harder.

Why would anyone else care? Because this means another journal style story. Yay! New character, new adventures, new journal.

What about your current journal? That'll still be around, don't worry. That character still has things on their checklist to do before I'm done with them. That checklist includes;
-Get through the story (as well as the civil war)
-Get through the DLC (Finished Dragonborn thus far and...Hearthfire, if you're counting that)
-Marry Lydia in a packed church (proposed so...we'll see)
So, as you can see, still plenty more to journal about.

Same world? Wouldn't that bring contradictions or paradox's? Yes. HOWEVER...I'll be doing things a bit differently with my character in that I won't be going through the main quest after the dragons are unlocked. Because...really, it makes sense they'd be around if I'm saying this is in the same world. The dragon soul absorbing thing? That's hard to get around. Just think of it like this; Master journal=Dragonborn, Survival journal=citizen/adventurer

What's going to be written about? Mostly mod and creation club related quests and the like. For instance I have the Bruma and Falskaar mods ready to go. It'll take a bit to get into them, as I'll want my character prepped and ready for said locations. Aside from that, just random fun stuff to make the experience different enough.

What race will you be? That's the thing now, isn't it? This is where the poll comes into play because while I have my preference, I think it'd be more fun to try something different. Something I haven't used before. I've played elves into the damn ground and Imperials were my first characters. The playthrough I did before I started the journal was a Breton (Both Imperial and Breton do kinda cancel out being a Nord. Look, Twitter's only giving me four :P) so that pretty much leaves the Khajit, Orc, Redguard, and Argonian. Races I've been curious about but never truly went into.

So that about does it. Let me know what race I should choose, pretty much. Thank you again for the support you've been giving my stories and hopefully I can keep them entertaining for you all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment